Amy Tait co-founded Broadstone Real Estate in 2006, serving as its CEO from its inception to 2017, and as its Board Chairman since 2012.
Amy brings more than three decades of commercial real estate experience to her position. She started her real estate career with Chemical Bank in management training and commercial real estate lending before joining Home Leasing Corporation, the predecessor to Home Properties (formerly a publicly traded company on the NYSE as “HME”). She then served as Executive Vice President of Home Properties from its IPO in 1994 to 2001, and as a Director and Chair of the company’s Real Estate Investment Committee until 2012. Amy ’s responsibilities have included acquisitions, finance, capital markets, investor relations, legal, human resources, and strategic planning.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from Princeton University
- MBA from the Simon Business School at the University of Rochester
- Serves on the Board of Governors of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts® (NAREIT)
- Serves on the Simon Business School Executive Advisory Committee and National Council
- Has also served numerous other community organizations
- Recognized in Rochester with D’Tocqueville Award, Athena Award and Business Hall of Fame induction