Broadstone Net Lease is a publicly reporting, privately offered Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that acquires and holds freestanding, single-tenant, net-leased properties. It is focused on generating predictable, tax-sheltered cash flow and attractive total return for Shareholders. The REIT is externally managed by Broadstone Real Estate, LLC, and has no direct employees.
Founded by the Leenhouts and Tait families, who previously founded Home Properties*, a multifamily apartment REIT which went public in 1994 and operated as such until the company’s acquisition for $7.6 billion in October, 2015, Broadstone Net Lease began admitting outside shareholders on December 31, 2007. Today, there are 2,500+ investors whose shares are collectively worth more than $1.5 billion, including the contribution of more than $104 million of properties to the REIT through UPREIT transactions. Since inception, share price has increased from $50 to $80, and distributions have grown from $3.50 to $4.98 per share. Shares are offered via private placement, and new investors are accepted on a monthly basis.
- Investment grade credit rating (Baa3 with stable outlook) from Moody’s
- 6.2% Annualized Distribution: monthly distribution fully covered by BNL’s current operations
- Substantial tax sheltering of distributions for taxable investors; 1099 tax reporting
- Direct placement of shares, undiluted by brokerage commissions or placement fees
- Monthly closings held for new and additional equity investments
- More than $79 million of shares held by management team, Board of Directors, and Broadstone Real Estate; all invested on the same terms as other investors
- Open to accredited individual and institutional investors
- Fee Structure designed to be attractive to institutions, endowments, pension funds, family offices and high net worth individuals
- Minimum initial investment (direct): $500,000
- Minimum initial investment (via financial advisor): $250,000
- BNL is audited by Deloitte & Touche LLP
*Broadstone Real Estate, its principals and affiliated REITs are not currently affiliated with Home Properties